Business Vision Statements – An Insight
If you don’t know where you are heading, how can the choices you make along the way help to get you there? The value in knowing your destination (big picture vision) is that you can make specific choices to lead you there and ensure all significant business activity contributes to your vision achievement. Your business vision statement is only the starting point, however creating a compelling vision statement is not easy. The investment you make here can help you grow your business faster and in a more consistent manner. A good business coach can help you lay great foundations for future business growth. Many companies in their pursuit of survival, increased turnover or profits, sacrifice their future for the here and now. They may fail to capture their “big picture” in a business vision people can really buy into or they may say one thing in their vision statement and do something else altogether in practice. A well devised and inspirational business vision statement Vision 20 reviews acts like glue to bind your organisation together, driving “vision aligned” behaviours. A skilled business coach can make a valuable contribution, helping you with structure and ensuring you stay on track, step by step, to your chosen destination.
The Business Reality – A Business Coach View
Some business leaders may blame a lack of growth on outside events. They may point the finger at the economy, their clients, competitors or employees. Others may hold themselves to account or believe that their goals were too ambitious to achieve. The perceived and actual cause are often very different. The reality is traditional vision and goal setting is simply not enough to break through business growth barriers to make your business the very best it can be. A good business coach brings constructive challenge and fresh ideas to the table that will reenergise you and open up valuable new avenues of thought. Your big picture business vision statement is far less about what you want to achieve in the next few months and far more about what kind of organisation you aspire to create for the years ahead. Striking a balance between surviving today in order to be there tomorrow and striving for a better future is key.
A Perspective on Exceptional Business Leaders
Exceptional business leaders hold themselves personally accountable for their company’s future. Talented high achievers are attracted to join them, thus bringing their vision closer to fruition. Your business coach has a key role to play in helping you create the compelling vision and environment for success. You can adopt the approach of many highly successful business leaders by creating and then implementing your compelling business vision – one that your people can live and breathe. By devising and executing your big picture vision you can take far better control of your ultimate business direction.
Exceptional Business Leaders:
- Think Big: Look beyond the immediate and easily envisioned future to a time many years ahead when their vision has been achieved.
- Are Focused: They are able to visualise in a focused and very clear way what their big picture vision will truly look like in the future.
- Engage Others: Surround themselves with like-minded people, seeking early contribution from other key players to share and tap into ideas and experience they might otherwise miss.
- Leverage Core Strengths: Whilst passionate about evolving and growing, such leaders stay true to the core strengths of their business.
- Take Time Out: Making strategy time for themselves and others to free up thinking space and encourage exceptional creativity.
- Use All Senses: A vital element of visioning is to use all five senses as fully as possible, along with a good dose of intuition.
- Are Well-Informed: They soak up information and ideas to help form their thinking and stay fully aware of the possibilities.
- Suspend Disbeliefs: Great visionaries work on a higher level when looking at the future, leaving limiting beliefs outside the room.
- Evangelise: Once they have their vision set in mind, they share it passionately, always remaining receptive to fresh input or ideas.